12 April 2010

Here Fishy, Fishy...


When I think of fishing, I think of it being rather glamorous and relaxing. But really, at least for me, it's a lot of work..I love fresh fish but I just do not know if I have the knack.

Awhile back me and my beau took a trip down the Paluxy river to see what we could catch..dinner possibly?

After pushing and pulling the boat from the bank for about 45 minutes (it probably had about 300 lbs of water/sand inside of it) into the water I caught a couple of floating sticks, some tree branches from across the river, and even caught my fisherman a couple of times. He wasn't very happy about that. It wasn't a very successful fishing trip for me but at least I was able to wear a fun bathing suit and a big ol' hat.

Mr. Fisherman caught some pretty perch but not worthy for keeps. My wish is to stock the tanks we have and do it that way so we can host a fish fry or two and also eat fish tacos! Yum! I just need to figure out how to get over the whole cleaning/gutting-the-fish deal.

Cammie and I looking for fish on the Paluxy River

2 comments:

  1. As the old saying goes "you can catch a fish and feed a man for a day, or teach a man to fish and feed him for life!" Fishing is not only fun, but can instill values too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! It feels like you're living my dream life! :)

    ReplyDelete